22-12-2009 @ 20:57
Gabriella Cilmi's 'Sweet About Me' has been named the most played song of the year by music royalties body PRS For Music
The track, which was first released in June 2008, beat the likes of Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida', Girls Aloud's 'The Promise' and Take That's 'Shine' and 'Greatest Day' to the title.
Moloko's 'The Time Is Now' also makes an appearance, going in at #3 in the list.
The Top 10 most played songs of the year are:
01. Gabriella Cilmi - 'Sweet About Me'
02. Coldplay - 'Viva La Vida'
03. Moloko - 'The Time is Now'
04. Duffy - 'Mercy'
05. Take That - 'Shine'
06. Girls Aloud - 'The Promise'
07. Jordin Sparks - 'No Air'
08. The Script - 'The Man who Can't be Moved'
09. Take That - 'Greatest Day'
10. Jennifer Hudson - 'Spotlight'*
PRS For Music has compiled the list from data taken from the number of plays and performances online, live, on TV and radio in the past year.
source: nme/prs for music